Abstract Photography Workshop
Sat 27 July | 10:00-12:30
Ages 16+ | booking essential | £25
In this workshop led by photographers Stan Farrow and Nicola Shepherd, you will learn to use your digital camera to produce some abstract photographs taken in and around the waterfront area of RRS Discovery & Discovery Point. The workshop aims to get you to think more creatively and artistically about your photography.
All participants take part in this workshop at their own risk. You will be outdoors in a public area, please wear appropriate clothing and footwear. Dundee Heritage Trust and workshop leaders cannot accept responsibility for accidental damage to you or your photographic equipment.
You will need to bring the following equipment:
- A fully charged digital camera – almost any digital camera is suitable so long as it can focus to a few inches. Some cameras have a “macro” setting (often marked with a little flower symbol) that will allow you to focus close-up. This setting is useful, but not essential
- A tripod or if you don’t have a tripod, a small beanbag or cushion. It would be best if you use a tripod/beanbag and either use a cable-release or your camera’s self-timer to trigger the shutter.
- Your cameras instruction manual
- Stout footwear and waterproof jacket
For more information: t. 01382 309060 or e. firstname.lastname@example.org
To book, please visit our Eventbrite page
- This event does not include admission to RRS Discovery & Discovery Point. If you would like to visit the museum, you can buy tickets onlineup to seven days in advance or on the day from our lovely front of house staff.
- Whilst every effort is taken to ensure this information is accurate, mistakes do happen. Dundee Heritage Trust reserves the right to make changes as necessary
- Tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase except in the case of a cancelled workshop/event. Cancellations may occur due to circumstances out with our control or where they do not reach the minimum number of participants required. Events which do not meet the minimum number of participants will be cancelled no later than 7 days in advance.